My client is looking for an experienced Project Planning Control Analyst to be responsible for supporting the Programme Managers, Deputy Programme Managers, and Project Managers with the administration of their projects and work packages. Development, analysis and maintenance of related reporting data. Supporting the project through lifecycle reviews. Facilitating project meetings and risk reviews. Providing support with MS Project, Project Server and other PM tools.
Skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Previous project management/administration experience
- Experience in the production of reporting data for projects.
- APM Introductory Certificate or PMI CAPM advantageous
- Good understanding of Lifecycle Management Processes
- Ability to analyse and present complex data, to accurately manipulate data and transfer it between applications.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- Drive, enthusiasm, initiative
- Methodical and organised, excellent time management skills
- An understanding of project planning, scheduling, estimation, tracking, status reporting, risk and configuration management
- Ability to pick up and learn new tools quickly then support others in their use
- MS Excel & MS Project advanced level
- MS PowerPoint & MS SharePoint intermediate level
- Experience of an integrated Project Management System such as MS Project Server would be an advantage.
Main responsibilities will involve:
- Responsible for providing project administration support to assigned programmes, product groups and/or functional groups
- Work in accordance with published Project/Programme Management processes and guidelines
- Support the maintenance of project data in PM tools
- Production and maintenance of the required programme, product group, system, sub -system or equipment work package related reporting data.
- Analyse data, explain trends and highlight potential issues
- Provide supporting data to explain variances when required.
- Facilitate meetings and reviews when required.
- Develop reporting output from the project and work package risk registers.
- Manage the project SharePoint Areas.
- Provide the resource related data for the Resource Council.