Required to assist with the move of an internal manufacturing facility for a legacy product.
This role would suit a Manufacturing Engineer who has acted as a Project Manager for the relocation of a manufacturing facility.
This is a 12 months contract onsite near Bristol with a pay rate of up to £50 per hour Umbrella.
This is an exciting opportunity to fully own, end to end, and implement a discrete work package with multiple elements.
Included in the moving of the manufacturing facility is the redesign (with suppliers) and commissioning of new equipment to future proof and support the move of the facility.
Purpose of the role:
- To own all deliverables of the project and assist with moving manufacturing facility to chosen suppliers facility and validate process before production is re-initiated.
- This role is offered on a temporary basis and would suit an individual who has experience of manufacturing facility relocation and commissioning and an individual who is self-motivated and can deliver to targets on time.
Accountable and responsible for the overall delivery of the project, which will include the following deliverables:
- Process map - requirements, process flow, DFMEA, PFMEA, audits, design and process creep gap analysis etc.
- Supplier visit
- Specify New Equipment
- Obtain budget quotations
- RFQ specification
- Final Quotations (Team review)
- Supplier selection
- Raise CAPEX
- Raise PO
- Design reviews
- Design freeze
- Equipment lead time
- Bulk material delivered to supplier
- FAT (commissioning) (Factory Acceptance Testing)
- SAT (commissioning) (Site Acceptance Testing)
- CRW (Change Review Worksheet)
- Move Equipment into the new location
- Commission moved equipment
- SHE risk assessment
- Operator training
- Maintenance training
- Build notes, WI's and process documents, control plan validated
- PPAP or equivalent (Production Part Approval Process)
- SOP (start of production)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Manufacturing Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Significant experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Experience of relocation of manufacturing facilities
- Experience of process validation including SAT and FAT
- Experience of Lean Manufacturing
- Proven track record of project management of manufacturing projects
- Experience leading small teams (engineers, purchasing, supplier quality)
- Experience with supplier liaison and management
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project
- Previous use of SAP or a similar ERP system would be beneficial
- Basic experience with CAD would be useful but not a necessity
Knowledge of the following would be advantageous but not essential:
- Welding experience
- Manual material moving/handling
- Chemical material handling/storage/filling