Working from home and onsite in Peterborough
3 days per week onsite in Peterborough
2 days per week working from home
The pay rate is £35/hr Umbrella (or £26/hr PAYE)
The contract is initially for 12 months, but is expected to be ongoing afterwards.
Candidates must have at least 3 years project management experience which includes:
- Creating project plans
- Managing the project against the plan
- Delivering the project against the plan – On time and in full
Candidates will need very good MS Project and MS Excel skills such as pivot tables & data extraction.
And ideally some form of PMI or PMP qualification e.g., Prince 2 (desirable but not essential).
Candidates do not necessarily have to have an engineering background.
- Develop and produce program and/or project management schedules using MS Project.
- Management and accountability for the portfolio of projects
- Monitoring project progress and performance
- Regular stakeholder reporting
- Work with partners, monitor progress, to ensure project delivered in a timely manner on budget.
- Attend business meetings with partners
- Risk Management
- Resource Management – Provide input for staffing and support of programs and create accurate and detailed resource-loaded project schedules
- Management of project/programme budgets
- Maintains program level issues/action logs, risk registers, scope change requests/logs, program schedules, and program cost tracking.
- Expertise in Project/Program Management tools & processes, including project/portfolio resource and cost management.
- Facilitate projects, lead chartering sessions, develop/validate network diagrams, and lead integration and compression sessions with internal and external teams
- Mentor/coach the project leaders in project management, and address any issues one-on-one with senior divisional and department management if appropriate.
- Use company’s project accounting systems and produce project-related financial reports.
- Monitors progress of projects, discusses problems with affected areas, assures appropriate personnel are informed of problems and steps are in place to meet schedules.