Are you a buyer / Project Lead or Senior purchasing person looking to work nearly fully remotely with an prestigious & expanding company?
Do you have experience in purchasing & buying within the project office for a high value electro/mech manufacturing environment?
We are looking for a purchasing specialist to have a background in purchasing for a project office sourcing mechanical parts (mostly castings), or it may have come from buying sub-assemblies , pre built assemblies?
Have you worked within high value sub contract or OEM Type companies?
Would you like to work with a world leader in the field?
These are the main points we wish to cover, should you feel this is worth investigating why not apply!
- Be the Project Lead & Main point of contact for the project team, managing procurement dependencies across Quality, Product Development, Logistics, Production and Legal departments.
- Able to lead meetings with senior stakeholders in the business, as well as being able to initiate and be a major contributor to Project brief meetings
- Create the bid & project procurement strategies communicating clear cost, time and quality deliverables to key stakeholders.
- Creation and management of project budgets, establishing bill of materials costs at key stages of the product development cycle. Identification and pursuit of cost savings and efficiencies to exceed objectives.
- Supplier nomination, ensuring robust evaluation of supply chain capacity and capability.
- Support the sales function in winning new business through effective sourcing and accurate costing at early stages of product maturity.
- Management reporting to evidence supply chain performance against key targets.
- Weekly Reporting on outsourcing KPIs.
- Contract Negotiation and Agreeing T&Cs as per Standard T&Cs procedure
- Managing risks and opportunities registers.
- Have a good, established background in Engineering, Mechanical Manufacturing, or ideally Castings
- CIPS preferred or currently studying for CIPS
£30 - £32 ph (FCSA Umbrella - this role is deemed inside IR35) - paye also available if preferred
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties, but it is intended to give a general indication of the range of work undertaken and will vary in detail in the light of changing demands and priorities within the department.
The company are based throughout the UK and are looking to speak with talented people who are self sufficient and understand how to lead projects
Contract length: 12 months initially, although it is highly likely to extend beyond this & become an even longer term contract role