Product Safety Engineer
|Job Title:||Product Safety Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Ryan Delglyn|
|Job Published:||May 17, 2019 10:30|
The Product Safety Engineer will perform the duties associated with Equipment Safety both on and off-site. This will include planning, prioritising work, supervision and ensuring that tasks are undertaken in a professional and timely manner producing all relevant documentation in accordance with relevant legislation, regulations and contractual requirements.
To work in accordance with Contract, Project Safety Management System, Safety Legislation and Company Manual.
The Product Safety Engineer will report to the Technical Director as well as the appropriate Project Managers for project-related tasks.
• Ability to establish priorities through review of contractual, policy and legislative requirements.
• Experience establishing and working to Safety Management Systems and Plans.
• Experience in both physical and functional aspects of Safety Engineering.
• Work as part of an engineering design team with the ability to advise the product/system technical design authority on safety matters.
• Ability to produce in-depth safety cases and technical documentation (including safety management plans, documented safety assessment, hazard logs and safety case report) to MoD and other customer standards.
• Have a deep knowledge of standard risk identification, estimation and reduction techniques.
• The experience/ability to establish and maintain interfaces with both internal and external safety stakeholders including, but not limited to, customers, project teams and safety committees.
• Ability to develop and document coherent, evidence-based, structured safety arguments.
• Good oral and written skills including presentations.
• Have a deep understanding of MoD safety and regulatory standards and policies, such as Defence Standard 00-56 and DSA02-DMR.
• Experience of working with electrical/electronic systems, especially within a MoD maritime domain.
• Experience in environmental and ILS disciplines would be beneficial.
• An engineering-based qualification at a minimum of HND level.
• Ability to obtain security clearance
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£18000 - £22000 per annum
£30 per hour
Lead Supplier Quality Engineer
Salary will be competitive and will fit in with your search parameters
Salary equivalent to £17.77ph
Electrical Maintenance Technician
£34000 per annum