Precision Mechanical Fitter
|Job Title:||Precision Mechanical Fitter|
|Salary:||£27000 - £33500 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Wayne Pavitt|
|Job Published:||February 16, 2018 16:39|
You will have a very diverse skillbase as you will be working within a small team of fitters making and building prototype machines. although you must be able to work from engineering/manufacturing drawings the majority of the work will be working in very close conjunction with engineers/designers and working out ways to make machinery work. They must be able to not only do the work but also be able to talk technically and in depth with engineers as well as offer views opinions on how to make things work.
You must have previously worked as a fitter working on precision, high tolerance machinery/equipment (and not just bolting and levelling machinery/conveyors) they must have actually built things that go inside the machines
- must have a very diverse skill range
- must be confident in working from not only eng drawings, but also be able to make things from just an overview/opinion of an engineer
- must be able to do basic machining - i.e turning, milling etc
- must have previously worked on manufacturing assemblies for SPM or ideally actually built special purpose machinery
- Previous Electrical fitting experience, not to in depth but will need to be able to fit pre made cabling/looms into the machinery (obv. advantageous if previously have made cabling/looms)
This is a permanent role paying £28- £33k and will also offer attractive overtime rates (mix of +33% & +50% during week, and further enhancements during weekends).
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's