Full time onsite in Clevedon, Somerset
Salary is up to £60K
Responsible for planning the operation of the company, managing shipping and managing the interaction with the customer centres to support on time delivery to commitment and high customer satisfaction.
- Manage the operational planning to ensure that capacity and demand are matched, or there is a plan to mitigate the differences
- Prepare the S&OP response giving options to respond to fluctuating demand
- Interface with the customer centres for incoming orders giving high quality data and advice to ensure that the right commercial and commitment decisions are made
- Interface with the customer centres on commitment and forecast delivery data for customer deliveries of production and spares
- Manage continuous improvements in the planning and customer interface
- Provide weekly status report and KPIs showing operational adherence to plan, efficiency and operational metrics
- Owner of developing process of effective planning tools & reports
- Support Customer Centre order managing behaviour improvement with sales operation organization in BU
- Management of the data within the ERP system ensure that the systems deliver the required output.
- Track adherence to plan to identify weekly plan slippage
- Reaction to expedite request from Customer Centre and lead communication with divisional master planner
- Working with Factory Planner, Logistics, Finance Controller and Materials Manager to manage the policies & process for inventory sizing
- Monitor and improve reliability of factory, procurement and other customer requirements including balancing and optimisation of internal delivery by Sea & Air freight.
- Support continuous improvement of OTD throughout the product company organisation through regular analysis of performance and failure analysis.
- Manage the impacts from new product introductions against standard product defining different processes as required.
- Manage replenishment processes and the supporting data to ensure changes in the supply network and stock holding points (Safety Stock/Lead-times/Source) are reflected maintained.
- Provide management information / support on material availability to the equipment business and develop improvement plans and measures to capture improvement activities
- Review and coordinate expedites, orders hold and commit orders within build horizon for Systems, Spares and Upgrades
- Planning Set up and maintenance (Review DILO Reports, Review Inventory Categories, Review Key Components, Review all MADS, Review any 005-m's without a buyer code, X0 setups, SCP setups)
Skills and Experience
- Degree in Engineering, Production or Business or equivalent experience
- Assertive, diplomatic with a good appreciation of business and commercial issues.
- Material management or operational knowledge
- Experience of LEAN or equivalent methodology an advantage
- Familiarity with the principles of scheduling and production management, its implementation and support. Ideally a member of a relevant professional body.
- Strong data analysis essential and ERP subject matter expert desirable
- Must be a good communicator and have excellent fluency in spoken and written English.
- Good interpersonal and team working skills
- Organisational awareness and impact and influencing skills.
- Demonstrable experience in strategic involvement where individual judgement would have a direct bearing on company performance.
- Computer literate, specifically: MS Office and knowledge of transaction & planning systems.
- Evidence of an analytical approach using qualitative and quantitative tools and techniques.
- Experience of working internationally an advantage.
- Knowledge of vacuum applications, industry, and equipment an advantage.