I am currently recruiting for an experienced car mechanic, or motor mechanic, who can strip, rebuild and test gearboxes, follow drawings or work documentation, has the necessary qualifications, can work at pace, and is flexible with working shifts.
You will need to have an apprenticeship or NVQ Level 3 and be able to present your certificates.
I can offer an excellent permanent salary of £29529 with overtime paid at a premium and shift allowance.
The role would also suit a vehicle technician.
- NVQ Level 3 minimum
- Be able to read a technical drawing
- Be able to follow a Standard Operating Procedure (follow the pictures, read the words)
- Have experience of building and testing 'on a bench' mechanical units i.e. a gearbox, an axle, pressure pump
- Have experience of using simple measuring equipment i.e. Vernier, micrometer, Dial test indicator
- Have experience of using hand tools i.e. spanners, feeler gauges, torque wrenches
- Be able and can demonstrate working at a pace equal to requirements i.e. hourly requirements
- Be able to work with simple PC instructions (call up a programme, enter data)
- Be versatile in their approach to work (swap from one job to another)
- Be flexible in the approach to working i.e. work on rotating shifts.