The key focus of the Estimator role will be to review those tenders which are allocated to the Estimator, obtain quotes from the relevant suppliers / subcontractors and produce an estimate which is accurate, competitive and compliant.
Estimator skills & attributes needed:
- Prior experience in the commercial sector, whether from an operational or formal estimating background.
- Experience in reading and understanding tender drawings and bills of quantities.
- Experience working with and developing schedule of rates.
- Strong PC skills in particularly MS Excel, Word, Power-Point.
- Experience in 'Estimation' software or other similar estimation programme
- A full driving licence.
- Professional or Trade-related vocational qualifications are also preferred.
- This role will require Basic Disclosure Scotland clearance
- The successful candidate will be smartly presented with an excellent telephone manner. He/she will be confident, enthusiastic and reliable and will also possess the following:
- Strong customer focus.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Ability to think analytically; and an aptitude for creative thinking.
- A high level of numeracy and commercial awareness.
- Ability to work equally well in team situations or on own.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage and prioritise resources.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage workload and meet tight deadlines.
- Receptivity and adaptability to change.
- Ability to acknowledge and stay focused during periods of increased workload.
Hours and Environment
This position will be based from our clients Nottingham office.
Core working hours for this position are from 8am until 5pm, Monday to Friday
Negotiable, depending on experience
If you possess the relevant skills and experience, please apply or contact our Consultant Tom Parkes