This is a hybrid role with remote working from home and working onsite in Peterborough when required.
The pay rate is up to either £39/hr Umbrella, or up to £29/hr PAYE.
Ideal candidates would have a development and component ownership experience, knowledge of IC engines and be able to plan and execute challenging tasks/projects with minimal supervision.
Key skills required:
- data extraction/analysis,
- failure analysis and problem solving,
- application of simulation tools and methods,
- practical application of theory and concepts.
Candidates must have a degree in engineering plus 3 years engine development experience including experience of using a data management software such as Team Centre.
Candidates should be experienced in performing tasks as follows:
- Execution of Core Engine System validation consisting of static & dynamic rigs, dyno and machine testing
- Conducting risk assessment through effective FMEA generation on components and systems to identify and address design risks and determine validation needs.
- Be capable of understanding technical issues as they arise and execute root cause analysis through relevant tools, methods, data analysis and testing to resolve the issue
- Conduct or generate reports to support component and system design reviews
- Maintain communication to peers, team leader and stakeholders with progress against planned activities
- Support resolution to production, test and field issues, diagnose issues to root cause, put in place containment actions, and develop permanent corrective actions.
- Work with suppliers and keep stakeholders informed of progress and decisions