Mechanical Design - Mechanisms
|Job Title:||Mechanical Design - Mechanisms|
|Salary:||£30000 - £40000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Wayne Pavitt|
|Job Published:||February 05, 2018 10:40|
Do you have good DFM Skills?
Would you like to work for one of the UK's most innovative & exciting companies?
We are seeking applications to expand the design team for this interesting & well respected Surrey based company
Mechanical Design Engineer - Mechanisms
Mechanisms Design Engineer
· Design and analysis of new or evolution of existing mechanism products including working with other areas of the business for system trade-offs.
· Design for manufacture (DFM)
· Hands-on engineering including development and flight build, testing and integration
· Managing multiple tasks and work packages in parallel with changeable priorities
· Interfacing with internal and external customers including presentations, technical reviews, meetings
· Authoring technical documents (e.g. design reports, procedures, test reports)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· Demonstrated experience of mechanical design (e.g. machine design) either within academia, or within career or as a hobby (e.g. robotics or similar)
· Mechanical design experience including: stress-critical components; precision tolerance analysis; drafting; materials awareness; and fabrication/manufacture methods appreciation
Knowledge & Skills
· MEng or BEng or equivalent in engineering
· An appreciation of Design for Manufacture (DFM).
· Self-motivated, creative, high attention to detail and accountable
· Practical ability
· Ability to work autonomously or within project team(s) and a real company player
· Strong communication within company and outside to customers and suppliers
· Ability to work under pressure in an organised manner: positive and persistent attitude
· Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
· Knowledge of components (e.g. bearings, actuators, transmissions, feedback devices)
· Use of CAD and FEA software knowledge preferable with design/idealisation intent
· Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
Although we have been advised of a salary banding of £35k - £40k, there may be scope for expansion outside of this on a case by case basis.
Please apply for further details
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's