This is a hybrid role with remote working from home and working onsite in Peterborough when required.
The pay rate is up to either £39/hr Umbrella, or up to £29/hr PAYE.
ALL Candidates require experience of using CREO and experience of designing / developing geartrain, valvetrain or drivetrain systems for the automotive industry.
Ideal candidates would have a mix and design and development experience, knowledge of IC engines and be able to plan and execute challenging tasks/projects with minimal supervision.
Candidates should be experienced in performing tasks as follows:
- Design and packaging of a variety of core engine components:
- Major aluminium and cast-iron castings, geartrain, valvetrain, drivetrain and in-cylinder components.
- Components related to breather, cooling & lubrication systems.
- FEAD systems.
- Working in a multi-disciplined team to ensure solutions meet customer, durability and functional requirements.
- Developing strong relationships with suppliers to ensure design solutions are aligned to high quality and cost expectations.
- Taking the lead or supporting FMEA on components and systems to identify and address design risks and determine validation needs.
- Conduct or generate reports to support component and system design reviews.
- Maintain communication to peers, team leader and stakeholders with progress against planned activities.
- Development of drawings and other technical data to support the release of parts for prototype and volume production.
- Support field and production issues, determine root cause, put in place containment actions, and develop permanent corrective actions.
- Work with suppliers and keep stakeholder informed of progress and decisions.