Mechanical Design - Engine Integration
|Job Title:||Mechanical Design - Engine Integration|
|Salary:||£35 - £40 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Wayne Pavitt|
|Job Published:||January 25, 2018 11:29|
Do you have industrial experience of vehicle or machine systems design?
Please read on
• Lead and create engine-in-machine packaging feasibility studies, exploring integration ideas and summarising alternative concepts.
• Implementing selected concept(s) through design, in accordance with prevailing design guides and standards evolving from prototype design to production level as development progresses.
• Present & discuss technical proposals both internally and with OEM customers, informally and in structured design reviews
• Self-management of assigned tasks to agreed customer critical requirements, delivering high quality work to documented or novel processes within agreed timescales
• Profiling new engine options
• Minimise option proliferation and optimise for modularity & compatibility
• Prepare material for analysis and transfer to OEM customers.
• Managing positive BOM for machine builds
• Close liaison with internal and OEM Project teams
• Champion customer engagement and support • Evaluate and promote new products and processes
• Contribute in component, sub-system and system FMEAs
• Delivering to committed deadlines
• Technical understanding of off-highway machines & their power trains
• CREO / Pro-E strength
• Professional communication of technical information with team, customers and suppliers. • Accountability
• Engineering hand calculations & an understanding of analysis led design
Requires a bachelor's or master degree in an accredited Engineering subject or significant engineering experience.
Incumbents must have industrial experience in design of vehicle/machine systems or diesel engine integration.
£35 - £40 ph
This will be working on a very exciting project for a major player in their industry.
The client has indicated an hour rate structure of £35 - £40 ph, however are willing to assess individual application outside of this on a case by case basis.
Please apply now for more details on this very long term contract.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's