Working within a Product focused team, the Material Planner has the following responsibilities:
- Schedule Exception Management
- Inbound Shipment Tracking & Supplier Shipping Performance
- Supplier Collaborations
- Backorder Management / Shortage Analysis
- Past Due Management
- Management of Inbound Premium Freight driven by Supplier past due
- Manage the timely shipment of material
- Collaborate & negotiate with suppliers to deliver material per requirements
- Monitor, track & analyse supplier performance metrics
- General knowledge of production scheduling and capacity management.
- Knowledge or experience in material control, purchasing, parts distribution, inventory control, manufacturing engineering, operations and transportation or logistics.
- Previous experience of working with a Material Planning role or supply chain.
- Knowledge of MRP
- Good MS Excel Skills (pivot tables & vlookup)
Contract: 6 - 12 Months min, likely to extend and become long term
£12.40 p/h (paye)
(The role is inside IR35)