Do you have good skills with planning incoming materials for manufactured goods?
If so, please read on.
We have been recruiting extensively for our Peterlee based client and are looking to add another person to this close knit, successful team.
Materials Planner / Mayterials Controller - Peterlee
Some supply chain, supplier chasing, ensuring on time deliveries or related field job experience.
Good supplier liaison skills
Progress chasing, Materials Chasing, Production / Manufacturing control exp preferred
Required to accept responsibility and produce highest productivity and quality work, maintain the highest ethical and professional standards within supply chain organisation
- Previous experience of working with a Supply Chain role or job relevant experience
- Working in MRP system to set supplier schedules
- Advanced Excel
Excellent Interpersonal Skills
Self Motivated with Excellent Attention to detail
Strong team player
Requires problem-solving skills to Root Cause Corrective Action and solve common problems
- Using on-line supplier collaboration portal to ensure efficient and timely supplier communication
- Instigate material expedites when a line shortage is identified
- Communicate potential material shortages and status reports with operations teams if required.
- Track and monitor supplier performance levels
- Hold regular performance reviews with suppliers to drive improvements
- Escalate poor supplier performance to Purchasing teams.
- Review material planning parameters to ensure optimum inventory holding to ensure consistent production and inventory turns targets are met.
Optimizing material flow throughout the plant site. Servicing production area.
Longterm ongoing contract , working within an enthusiastic supply chain team
The client is ideally looking to pay £22.25 (FCSA Umbrella – this role is inside IR35) or £17.00 paye to the successful candidate, however may have scope consider above this on a case by case/individual basis.
Should your hourly rate requirements fall slightly above the current bracket please apply and support your application the client has indicated they may consider above on a case by case basis