Materials Operations Centre Operative
|Job Title:||Materials Operations Centre Operative|
|Salary:||£15000 - £17000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Parkes|
|Job Published:||October 16, 2018 09:23|
Join a local, well established company that believes in recognising its staff for their commitment and offers an opportunity to grow.
Your new Company
Our Client is an expanding construction and maintenance company focused on delivering exceptional service to its clients and customers across the south of England.
Our Portsmouth City Council maintenance contract looks after 8,000 homes and 718 council buildings and we have been proud to have been partnering with the Council for the past 12 years.
In our Operations Centre you will have the opportunity to work alongside our tradesmen and supervisors, as well as the Council's housing team learning about the world of building maintenance, enabling essential repairs in the homes of local residents.
Your new role
To ensure you issue, receive, and record clean information accurately and timely for all calls received for new material orders and ongoing appointments to achieve our purpose.
What you will need to succeed
• Basic knowledge of building maintenance trades and the tasks/activities that can be undertaken be each trade group.
• Good understanding of the Geographical Portsmouth City area including streets, the best routes, and travel times between different locations.
• Have good typing skills and not rely on written notes which are then saved up for inputting later.
• Able to deal with lots of activity, remain focused on the call you are dealing with, and the information that needs to be recorded or transferred by completing the task you are on before moving on to the next.
• Be comfortable in dealing with the workforce and be able to remain professional even when issues are contentious.
• Have a clear and concise approach to verbal communication, able to use the phone to communicate effectively, and have good typing skills
• What you will get in return
• The position is part time, 30 hours per week (6 hours per day).
You will receive £17,000 per annum/pro rata with 23 days holiday plus bank holidays. In addition you will have access to our suite of benefits which include a car lease/buying scheme with preferential rates, the ability to buy or sell holiday to tailor your holiday to your individual requirements, our cycling scheme to save money on new bikes as well as a childcare voucher scheme
• Department: Portsmouth Council Maintenance
• Salary: £17,000 pro rata
• Location: Portsmouth
• Who reports to you: N/A
• Hours: 30 hours per week
• Who you report to: Resource Controller