The Manufacturing Engineer owns the manufacturing system within the allocated manufacturing team(s) by the creation, maintenance and continuous improvement of the safe and LEAN processes for existing and new products to ensure operations on time to standard and within budget within the allocated manufacturing team.
- To design, prove, implement and maintain manufacturing system to deliver existing, customised and new products safely, on time to standard and within budget according the required yield and efficiency level
- To implement, own and continuously improve the manufacturing teams LEAN manufacturing processes according the guidelines of the production system
- Documented and traceable processes for the allocated manufacturing team in compliance to our current regulations in terms of ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS18001
- Active training process, procedures, documentation and traceability to create and sustain the workforce competences within the allocated manufacturing team
- Ownership and accountability to resolve or support any non-conformity, internal or external, impacting the manufacturing process of the allocated team
- Elimination of routing and material variances impacting financial results of company
- Validated designs for manufacturing with accurate BOM
- To design, prove, implement and maintain team manufacturing system layout
- Accountable for the definition, setup and optimisation of the processes within the allocated manufacturing team
Essential Skills and Experience
- Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering degree or equivalent
- Previous experience in key manufacturing principles such as TPM, 5S, 8D problem solving, product responsibility, continuous improvement process.
- Experience in implementing the principles of Lean Manufacturing
- Experience in optimising production processes as well as providing production support and training.
- Experience of utilising problem solving and root cause analysis tools in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to develop technical solutions, compliant with requirements within agreed programmes and timescales
- Experience of working within an assembly environment