The salary is up to £39,000 per annum plus benefits.
The Manufacturing Engineer will support the existing products within the cells.
Providing manufacturing engineering support to the manufacturing operational team where needed.
Driving continuous improvement activities in quality, cycle times, cost reduction and process improvement through lean techniques and value engineering to enhance the capability of existing processes and waste prevention and removal
- To implement, own and continuously improve the manufacturing cells LEAN manufacturing processes
- Elimination of routing and material variances
- Perform time studies for the assembly processes to create the correct routings and to optimize the balancing of the assembly process.
- Accountable for the definition, setup, preparation and optimization of manufacturing tooling
- Value stream mapping and specification and implementation of in and outbound logistical flows for the manufacturing cells
- Creation and maintenance of SOP (Standard Operating Procedures), technical specifications for manufacturing equipment
- Active training on process, procedures, documentation and traceability to create and sustain the workforce competences
- Implement and maintain suitable metrics to demonstrate the effectiveness of the Manufacturing process
- Work with other departments and suppliers to support all the quality issues on components and products in the cells
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve issues as they arise from internal non-conformities or external FRACAS system in conjunction with quality department
- Participate in the daily cell meetings lead by the Team Leader for the Zone
- To integrate new products into existing cell and agree standards for expectance into the cell
- Validate designs for manufacturing with accurate BOM
- Implement and maintain PFMEA for allocated manufacturing cells
- Document and trace processes for the allocated manufacturing Cell in compliance to our current regulations in terms of ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS18001
- Support internal and external quality management and EHS audits
- Analysis of root cause for safety incidents within the allocated manufacturing cell with the support of EHS
- Implement and maintain risk assessments and manual handling reviews for allocated manufacturing cells
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Experience of working within an assembly environment.
- Experience in optimising production processes as well as providing production support and training.
- Design for Manufacture knowledge.
- Previous experience in key manufacturing principles such as TPM, 8D, 6S problem solving, product responsibility, and continuous improvement process.
- Experience of utilising problem solving and root cause analysis tools as in a manufacturing environment.
- Use of risk mitigation tools to control risks within process and prioritise risk to be mitigated.
- Ability to develop technical solutions, compliant with requirements within agreed programmes and timescale.
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline.