The salary is up to £38K plus benefits.
The Manufacturing Engineer owns the manufacturing system within the allocated manufacturing cell(s) by the creation, maintenance and continuous improvement of the safe and LEAN processes for existing and new products to ensure operations on time to standard and within budget within the allocated manufacturing cell.
- Design, prove, implement and maintain Cell manufacturing system to deliver existing, customised and new products safely, on time to standard and within budget according the required yield and efficiency level
- Implement, own and continuously improve the manufacturing cell's LEAN manufacturing processes according the company guidelines.
- Documented and traceable processes for the allocated manufacturing Cell in compliance to our current regulations in terms of ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS18001
- Active training process, procedures, documentation and traceability to create and sustain the workforce competences within the allocated manufacturing cell
- Ownership and accountability to resolve or support any non-conformity, internal or external, impacting the manufacturing process of the allocated cell
- Elimination of routing and material variances impacting financial results of Product company
- Validated designs for manufacturing with accurate BOM
- Design, prove, implement and maintain Cell manufacturing system layout
- Accountable for the definition, setup and optimisation of the processes within the allocated manufacturing cell
Essential Skills and Experience
- Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering degree or equivalent
- Previous experience in key manufacturing principles such as TPM, 5S, 8D problem solving, product responsibility, continuous improvement process.
- Experience in implementing the principles of Lean Manufacturing
- Experience in optimising production processes as well as providing production support and training.
- Experience of utilising problem solving and root cause analysis tools in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to develop technical solutions, compliant with requirements within agreed programmes and timescales
- Experience of working within an Assembly environment - essential
Along with your salary you will be eligible for:
Bonus up to 7.5% bonus
Cash Health plan
Pension with a company contribution of up to 8%
Life Assurance of 4 x basic salary
Training, Learning and Development throughout
Support for formal qualifications and professional development
Some sponsored professional qualifications such as Chartered Engineer (CEng)
Recognition and Reward program