The Manufacturing Engineer is expected to function as a specialist with respect to a specific technical phase of the planning function and which generally falls within the major areas of releasing, Numerical Controls (NC) programming, processing, assembly processing, layout, work standards and manufacturing development.
Work assignments may be specialised in nature but may also be broad based with coordination between other staff personnel to complete a larger project.
Evaluate projects to define desired results and determine logical approaches.
Evaluates such factors as cost, personnel yearly usage, equipment, space, etc. as well as other information needed to determine requirements.
Prepares feasibility studies for appropriateness and cost effectiveness and submits recommendations accordingly.
Results contribute to the effective management decisions in determining the most efficient processes, methods, machinery, tools, equipment, services and systems needed in the manufacture of product.
Actual work assignments may be typified as follows:
- Projection, evaluation, specification and acquisition of new or replacement machine tools;
- Capital forecasting correlation and reporting as it relates to new product introduction, prime product capacity increases, machine replacement, and methods improvement;
- Substituting material or combining similar parts to realise savings through material prices and machining costs;
- Analyse tooling failures and evaluate tool characteristics and requirements;
- Plan factory and office layouts for effective utilisation of space due to rearrangement, new processes or expansion, determining the need for modern facilities;
- Assembly planning;
- Develop and implement assembly processes in line with CPPD (Concurrent Process and Product Development) and NPI design changes, etc.
Adheres to established standards, policies and practices relating to quality, cost reduction, safety, ergonomics, etc. in performing assigned duties.
There is the potential for this role to become a hybrid role after an initial period.
This role is inside IR35, and has a pay rate of up to £38/hr Umbrella depending upon experience and qualifications