The pay rate is £16 per hour PAYE
The purpose of the role is to produce and maintain support documentation for the Manufacturing Department such as Production Process Sheets and Build Instructions for the company’s products,
- Plan, research, write, and edit documents from conception to delivery to fulfil internal requirements.
- Convey technical ideas, concepts and procedures in clear, concise and accurate English to ensure understanding by the reader.
- Create or commission photographs or illustrations to complement the text in documents.
- Manipulate text and images to create well?structured documentation that is easily absorbed by the target user.
- Use consistent and correct terminology to avoid confusion and misunderstanding.
- Gather information by studying existing technical content, interviewing subject matter experts and where necessary interacting with the product directly, to ensure accurate and complete documentation.
- With the product Technical Authority, scrutinise, proof read and edit as necessary all documentation produced, to ensure complete accuracy of content and presentation prior to distribution.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Previous experience of technical writing in an engineering environment
- Production of test and/or service-related documentation in related or similar engineering fields.
- Knowledge of mechanical or electromechanical engineering; appropriate time served apprenticeships or forces experience will be considered.
Plus a good working knowledge and recent use of:
- Microsoft Word
- Any illustration/graphic design/digital photography/photo editing applications
- Able to carry out editorial reviewing of work produced by peers
- Able to follow processes as instructed
- Familiarity with extracting images from 3D models