|Salary:||£20 - £25 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Wayne Pavitt|
|Job Published:||February 15, 2022 16:22|
Do you have experience with machining prototype components within a wide & varied industry?
Do you like working with a mixture of CNC (setting / operating) & Conventional machines to produce high quality parts used in with fellow Engineers to develop new products?
Please read on!
Peterborough based Manufacturing company is currently recruiting for conventional / Manual Millers & Turners
We require Machinists to work on either Milling & Turning of precision components
As a Machinist you will be involved in the manufacture of components on a variety of CNC Mills & Lathes working from Engineering drawings.
CNC Machining will be operating CNC Mazak machines using Mazatrol controls (not essential - good understanding of setting / Operating other controls would be acceptable).
- Good experience and happy to be producing one off & small batch parts on Mill & Lathes
- Ideally have CNC experience of setting machines that have the programs downloaded directly to them and able to use the console to edit/adapt programs for the job
- Ideally be able to set up tools, do off sets, fiddle/adapt parameters, edit programs, replace tooling and prove first offs
- Responsible for dimensional checks
- Responsible for identifying drawing packs
- Any exposure or experience of Feature Cam would be extremely beneficial (again, this is not essential though)
It is expected to last a minimum of 12 months, probably longer.
The Machinist will set up the machine, manufacture the components to tolerance, and inspect the components afterwards.
All candidates must be able to work from Engineering Drawings
Ideally have a recognised Apprenticeship, (Engineering City and Guilds as a minimum).
This role is deemed inside IR35
Pay rate £23 - £25 (FCSA Umbrella). Paye is available too - £18 - £19ph
You will ideally need to be based locally as they are currently operating Mon – Fri c. £40 -45 hrs pw
Job role search terms: Machinist, conventional manual turning, conventional manual milling, Grinder / Grinding, CNC Machinist, CNC Setter, CNC Turner, CNC Miller, CNC Milling, CNC Turning
This is a long term ongoing contract (min 12-24 months, highly likely to be longer). It is due to start over the next few weeks with the client company ready to interview people now.
Please apply for full details
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's