We are currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical and Electrical Quantity Surveyor to join a well-established company, currently working on a number of projects based in the London (Battersea) area.
As an M&E Quantity Surveyor you will be expected to provide assistance to the Project Managers and Commercial Manager through financial and contractual control to ensure the budgeted cost of the programme is achieved.
- Contribute to the management and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system ensuring all financial information is managed and up-to-date and tracked with budget/tender allowances, and commitments and deviations highlighted and managed.
- Produce and provide accurate forecasts of project cost to completion and final value
- Continually monitor projected costs to completion in line with budget
- Ensure contract variations are identified, valued and turned into agreed variation orders with the customer in a timely manner
- Manage the subcontract tender process, including the selection of sub-contractors and provision of all relevant contract and schedule documentation
- Ensure that each sub-contractors account is managed strictly in accordance with their terms and conditions
- Ensure that any insurance claims are notified and that appropriate data is compiled for insurance claims
- Provide accurate monthly reporting of cost and value on the project(s) in line with the Company's reporting process
- Educated to HNC/Degree level in a Quantity Surveying/Commercial management subject
- You will have a proven experience working within an M&E contractor on projects of M&E value in excess of £3m
- You will be able to demonstrate a sound working knowledge of the various forms of Conditions of Contract, Construction and Contract law, basic plant, equipment, materials and labour costs, employment legislation and working rule agreements.