Do you understand root cause and corrective action and know how to deliver a project on this in conjunction with suppliers?
Do you have a background in Defence Manufacturing, Aerospace or a similar high value, high quality manufacturing?
Do you have a background in heading up a SQA team consisting of 3-4 people?
Please read on
Are you willing to discuss working with a market leader who is looking to recruit the best local talent.
Would you like to secure an attractive, competitive market salary?
Supplier Quality Manager
You will be a key figure in a well known & expanding local company who are enjoying a rich vein of susttained growth
Role Purpose (position scope):
- To be responsible for establishing an efficient Supplier Approval System, conducting audits and improving Supplier Quality Performance and ensuring adherence to Quality Management System requirements.
- To drive Root Cause analysis and the ongoing development of increased supplier capability.
- To establish Quality standards for suppliers who are providing materials for specifications.
- Responsibility for establishing an efficient Supplier Approval System.
- Drive effective Root Cause analysis, resulting in corrective action and the ongoing development of increased supplier capability.
- Achieve and exceed Quality Performance KPIs for Supply Chain.
- Improve supplier quality metrics by driving improvement plans with suppliers.
- Support the development of new and existing suppliers to support our technology and process requirements at best cost.
- 5-10 years of experience working in a supply chain organisation.
- Previous experience as a Supplier Quality Engineer or Supply Developer within a technology company.
- Proven experience of Root Cause with suppliers.
- Proven background in Quality Assurance and thorough understanding of Quality tools and techniques.
- Understanding of key aerospace, defence or automotive quality standards i.e. AS9100, EASA, ISO9001.
- Good understanding & background in sub - contracted, welded, manufactured sub-structures, chassis's or airframes
- Good technical engineering knowledge and ability to read engineering drawings and understand processes.
- Strong experience of supplier relationship management.
The company are based on the outskirts of Chichester and are looking to speak with talented Senior Quality Engineers / Quality Managers in the local area who are not just interested in the salary (deliberately - we have not stated a salary) - it will be competitive and will fit in with your expectations, they are most interested in talking to people interested in their satisfying work first, then followed by competitive salary.
We have kept the description deliberately short to attract people inquisitive and wish to explore more about this!