Lead Developer In Test (Test Automation)
|Job Title:||Lead Developer In Test (Test Automation)|
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Dominic Golding|
|Job Published:||July 02, 2021 11:16|
As a Senior Member of the development team, the Lead Developer in Test will be responsible for ensuring the Software is produced to the highest quality
And that the test facilities optimised for maximum coverage, efficiency and extensibility.
Working within a fast paced environment, they will use their extensive testing experience to execute relevant Validation Tests at different stages in the development lifecycle.
Key duties include building, maintaining and improving our simulator, test environments and continuous integration.
This Software Engineer must be able to demonstrate a methodical and detailed approach to Software Testing and be proficient at writing Test Scripts, functional specifications and compiling Test Plans.
They must have excellent communication skills and the ability to engage with a wide variety of stakeholders within inside our large organisation.
They will be working within an Agile / Scrum environment and there will be regular interactions with a distributed Systems Engineering Team consisting of software, database, electronics, mechanical, and electrical engineers.
The engineer will serve as a gate keeper for quality and hence must have an ‘eye for detail’ and be capable of asserting authority to prevent sub-standard software leaving the factory.
Working with stakeholders, the engineer will plan and implement improvements to support the development team and release QA processes.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with creative ideas to drive test automation to the next level. They must love problem solving and finding ways to continuously improve the test process to ensure delivery of high-quality products on time.
Responsibilities will include...
• Driving the Software Test Strategy forward to reduce field found defects
• Designing, implementing and maintaining "Continuous Integration" environments
• Improve and maintain build and reporting automation
• Procurement, ownership and maintenance of dedicated test hardware
• Creating requirements based Test plans and Test scripts
• Running tests, collating and presenting results
• Software related administration tasks (daily builds, change request management, version control)
• Providing internal/external customer support for new and existing projects (investigation & diagnosing of software and hardware defects)
• Communicating to all stakeholders test strategy and progress updates
• Executing and analysing test cases and scenarios
• Investigating, developing and integrating new tools into build/release process
• Good understanding of general IT
• Managing code repositories, test & integration systems
• Working as part of team to deliver on-time & right-first-time solutions
• Ensuring all products developed are safe, comply with relevant industry, national/regional and international legislation and standards, and that any assigned EHS obligations are met
• Occasional travel to other sites within the UK and occasionally abroad
Key Skills/Academic Qualifications/Experience
• Qualified to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline (Software Engineering / Electronics)
• Experienced in scripting, task automation, code profiling and performance analysis
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Organised approach to management
• Close attention to detail
The successful candidate will be expected to participate in the following activities...
• Collaborating with requirements analyst to write/review the ACs for user stories
• Detecting and reporting ambiguity in user stories
• Supporting developers to test increments of functionality as determined by the team
• Writing and updating test cases/plans
• Attending estimation workshops and contribute to estimates from a test perspective
• Covering: Automation tests, unit tests, integration tests, performance tests and UX and UAT tests
• Attending all sprint ceremonies
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's