The IT Support Technician’s role is to provide a single point of contact for end-users to receive support and maintenance within the organisation’s desktop computing environment so that end users can accomplish business tasks.
· Support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals which include installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware, software and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance. Additionally, receive priorities, document and resolve end user help requests.
· Troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, using remote support tools or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required. Problem resolution will involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
· College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or appropriate work experience.
· Certifications in Microsoft MCP/MSCA and/or Red Hat Linux and/or CompTIA. Desired, Any ITIL Certification.
· Equipment support experience with Tablet PC’s, PDA’s, Blackberry, Windows Mobile and other portable electronics.
· Technical knowledge of desktop hardware
· Technical knowledge of internal desktop components, such as Graphics adapters, Hard Drives, Sound cards, NIC’s, PSU’s, SCSI adapters, SATA adapters, USB, Firewire, WNIC’s etc.
· Intermediate technical and practical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards, including Windows OS & NOS, Linux Platforms, MacOS, Linux Distributions & TCPIP internetworking.
· Basic knowledge of programming languages, such as Windows HTA, Shell, VB, .NET & DOS batch file programming
· May be required to undertake temporary work assignments in other counties or countries as operational requirements dictate.
· Some domestic (<10%) & international (<5%) travel may be required for the purpose of cross training, capacity management & meeting with off-site personnel/management.