Responsible For: - Mechanical Department
Responsible to: - Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
The Intermediate Mechanical Engineer will manage the engineering projects on a day-to-day basis,
to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to budget. You will be supported by the more
experienced members of the team.
The Intermediate Engineers will be responsible for the detailed design and coordination of mechanical
solutions including Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Gas, Utilities, Compressed Air and Plant
Layouts. This will be over looked and monitored by more senior members of the team.
Main Responsibilities / Duties:
- Represent our client and promote can do' attitude whilst maintaining positive relationships with clients for repeat business.
- Communicate with clients, advising on suitable technical solutions to client's requirements,
- fees and time-scales etc.
- Maintain existing client relationships and secure repeat business.
- Produce cost plans and pre-tender estimates and cost comparisons for systems/plant.
- Undertake site visits i.e. surveys and prepare reports.
- Attend design team meetings.
- Liaise with Architects, Structural Engineers, and Contractors etc.
- Attend project review meetings, advise Senior Members on progress.
- Monitor design progress in accordance with the programme/deadline.
- Check QA on all design/project work to ensure compliance with my clients standards.
- Encourage engineers to continuously develop their knowledge, arrange and attend CPD sessions.
- Share your knowledge and technical ability and advise accordingly to help progress the less experienced team members.
- Produce design sketches.
- Develop the design through all stages of the project from planning to completion.
- Coordinate architecturally, structurally and mechanically.
- Produce specifications, schematics, calculations and drawings etc.
- Liaise with suppliers, manufactures and specialists to provide expert knowledge and costs.
- Manage the whole design process, prepare stage reports /outline design, maintain comprehensive design files, produce written specifications & scheme design drawings for CAD.
- Have knowledge of and be up to date with the latest regulations, i.e. British Standards.
- Understand RIBA stages.
- Understand efficiency/sustainability.
- Have knowledge and an understanding of BREEAM.
- IT literate ability to use technical packages i.e. CAD, Hevacomp and 3D Naviswork.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of IES Thermal Modelling software.
- Relevant Qualifications i.e. ONC/HNC/Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering.
- Previous experience within a consultancy environment.
- Chartered membership status (desirable)
- Ability to manage and track numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanour and think clearly in a difficult, stressful or troubling situation.
- Excellent communication skills, dealing with other employees and external clients.
- Ability to understand/produce detailed technical drawings.
- Possess excellent attention to detail, has a confident approach, proactive character and the ability to take the lead in challenging situations.
- Well organised individual who has past experience of leading a team.
- Confident approach, proactive character and the ability to take the lead in challenging situations.
- This position is office based but does require flexibility to travel i.e. to client meetings and other offices.
If you are interested in this role then please apply or contact Tom Parkes
07585 554 586 or 01442 898 904