Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Salary:||£25000 - £30000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Bihesh Patel|
|Job Published:||May 22, 2017 16:44|
They are looking for experienced and enthusiastic candidates, who possess a proven track record in building services.
Candidates must have a strong attitude toward their work and be committed to work with others in a team environment, demonstrating a high level of quality to the end clients.
They would expect that the candidate should be a well-organised, proactive, flexible, driven, forward planner with the ability to deliver work to a high standard and to tight timescales.
THE ROLE OF AN INTERMEDIATE MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER WILL REQUIRE:
• Working on a variety of projects covering multiple sectors of the construction and client industries.
• Participating in all aspects of the mechanical package design.
• Working closely with others in a team environment to achieve a common goal, leading to the delivery of a successful project.
• Producing services performance calculations and/or assisting others to complete them.
• Producing drawings and specifications to a high standard.
• Carrying out site surveys of existing installations.
• Attendance at meetings.
• Development of site understanding and monitoring project progress.
• Continued Professional Development [CPD]
• Co-ordination of building services with other team members and Design Team.
• Gaining valuable site knowledge and monitoring contractors responsibilities.
• Check design proposals from contractors and checking performance.
• Witnessing and testing of services installation[s].
• Experience in sustainability and renewable technology.
THE MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER WILL NEED TO HAVE THE FOLLOWING EXPERIENCE:
• 1 to 2 years of experience of design in building services, post qualification completion.
• Candidates should have HNC or HND minimum qualification, potentially working toward
• Degree qualified - mechanical or building services.
• Working toward Breeam and Passivhaus understanding and implementation.
• Expertise in complete building thermal modelling.
• Undertaking feasibility assessments and production of RIBA stage C&D reports.
• Ability to evaluate and review various renewable technologies.
• Use of Software design tools, such as
• Microsoft Office
• TAS or Cymap,
• Knowledge of British and European Standards and Building Regulations documents.
• Professional Body Membership (CIBSE, IET, IMechE)
• Good high level understanding of thermal modelling.
• An appreciation of electrical engineering to be able to cover both disciplines at meetings.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE THAT WOULD BENEFIT THE ROLE.
It would be beneficial if the candidate also have proven experience in the following: -
• Confident with passive building design from both an environmental and energy efficiency perspective.
• Low Carbon Consultant Qualification.
• Knowledge and Experience of BREEAM and an appreciation of Passivhaus techniques.
If you are an experienced Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer please apply below by sending your CV in word format.
Entech Technical Solutions Limited is an employment business/agency and complies with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations Act 2003.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's