My West London based client is currently recruiting for HGV Technicians to join their experienced team on a permanent basis due to a big replacement programme.
- Maintenance of fire service HGV vehicles - heavy goods, mainly Mercedes chassis.
- In the workshop, the three main areas are: body tech - working in the body shop for refurbishment, electrical - working on the electrical fire suppression system appliances, and mechanical technicians that look at all mechanical problems.
- Primarily we are seeking mechanical technicians, though the candidates with body shop/ electrical experience would be desirable.
- We require a candidate to have City & Guilds/BTEC/NTEC level studies in HGV level 2 or 3
- Diesel engine experience in preferable
- The ideal candidate will have a class 1 or class 2 HGV driving license to add to the team as not many of the techs have this currently
- We are likely to find candidates with plant equipment experience as well as generators.