The Environmental, Health and Safety Advisor provides-
- Expertise in the development, implementation and management of effective Safety, Health and Environment programs/systems
- Promotes best practice throughout site by providing advice, guidance and support on policies, procedures and legislative requirements to functions within site
Job Core Responsibilities
- Works to develop, implement and maintain Health, Safety and Environmental programs/procedures
- Performs audits and safety inspections of work environments, processes and operations in compliance with government regulations and industry standards
- Ensures all applicable registrations, permits and licenses are in place and current; disposes of hazardous materials per regulations
- Participates in developing and implementing training programs for employees
- Develop EHS annual improvement plan, monitor and report progress against the plan.
- Coordinate, administer and verify risk assessments and environmental impact assessments.
- Gathers data for the purpose of identifying, reducing, or eliminating sources of pollutants and/or hazards that affect the work environment and health of the employees
- May need to work additional hours as necessary
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Must be able to travel to HQ (Loughborough) occasionally.
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience
- Experience of working within a health and safety and manufacturing environment
- Extensive knowledge of industry Health, Safety and Environment regulations/standards
- Solid knowledge of Material Safety Data Sheets and hazardous waste disposal procedures
- Experience of undertaking risk assessments and environmental impact assessments.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills to drive tasks to completion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and database management tools
Duration: 6 months - possibly 12 months
Pay rate= £15.50 per hour PAYE
Hours= 37 per week
8:00am to 4:45pm Monday to Thursday
8:00am to 1:00pm Friday
Environmental Health and Safety Advisor
Environment Health & Safety Advisor