My client based in London is looking for a Head of Telecoms to join their team. You will be reporting into the Programme Manager.
- To manage a team of Project Managers who are responsible for the design, development, delivery, commissioning and safe integration of new Telecommunications projects onto the system. Managing the development of project proposals, tenders, contract terms and conditions, works programmes, expenditure and cash flow plans through to the overall execution and completion of all Infrastructure projects.
- To manage and control the delivery of all relevant projects to specification, programme, scope and budget.
- To produce financial, management and project reports for the Programme Manager and Client’s organisation. Identify and estimate the cost of Project Variations in consultation with the Commercial Manager.
- To liaise with Clients and form good working relationships with members of the Client organisation and form a close working relationship with key project stakeholders.
- To ensure where appropriate, arrangements are in place for staff to organise access to the Railway for the purpose of undertaking works, in such a manner to minimise disruption to services, provided to passengers travelling on the Railway.
Experience & Skills required:
- Ideally a Chartered Engineer who is educated to graduate level, or have suitable alternative experience, with excellent communication and proven management skills.
- Significant project management experience with specific experience in the rail industry preferable with a strong communications background, extensive knowledge of the process of procurement, contract supervision and project management and someone who is capable of operating in a successful commercial business with a high public profile.
- Familiar with European Procurement Legislation and under what circumstances it is applicable.
- Able to lead a core team of project management staff and to demonstrate good judgement, energy and initiative.
- The jobholder will ideally possess a professional project management qualification to intermediate level i.e. APM or Prince 2, and be a member appropriate professional body.
- The role will demand a need for proven and robust stakeholder management skills within a multi-client environment.