My Buckinghamshire based client is currently recruiting for a Head of Material Control to join them on a permanent basis.
Note this is not a supply or procurement role
- Understand supply chain dynamics and set inventory with optimal cost and delivery trade-offs.
- Establish stocking policies and planning parameters for all parts.
- For sites with defence contracts, ensure FAR and MMAS compliance as required.
- Lead master scheduling, make & buy planning, production control, warehouse, logistics processes, and people.
- Establish and lead daily/weekly monthly materials reviews/standup meetings, driving continuous improvement of' KPIs and role-modelling root cause problem solving.
- Ensure make and buy planners are reviewing and updating all data elements associated with the plans for every part.
- Lead monthly inventory review meetings.
- Consult on and support the development of the LCM plan, sales plan and the factory plan, while being responsible for ensuring that materials are available as necessary and that an execution production plan exists.
- Establish measurement processes for critical materials process inputs and outputs for the development and execution of the supply plan; i.e. forecast accuracy of Operations on time delivery to schedule.
- Developing and implementing robust, multi-year supply chain and material planning strategies to support the Business Unit goals and to support the company's corporate
- Supply Chain initiatives.
- Develop strategic plans to drive site to 5X inventory turns, conducting RCPS and associated projects to drive inventory improvement.
- Maintain high inventory accuracy through various techniques including inventory audits, annual physical inventory, and cycle counting.
- Managing inbound and outbound logistics to the plant.
- Managing the flow and control of make and buy inventory in the facility.
- Setting inventory policy and implementing inventory management tools such as kanban demand signals to provide a lean' supply chain, minimize stockholdings and maximize available working capital.
- Determine departmental inventory management strategies and objectives. Demonstrate the ability to calculate inventory carrying costs and manufacturing and purchasing costs.
- Effectively manage surplus and obsolete inventories.
Qualifications & Experiences
- 10-15 years' experience working as a planner, scheduler, or inventory controller within a technology company (ideally mechanical/aerospace).
- Experience developing and leading materials organisation in a low volume high mix environment.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or related field.
- Prior material control and analyst experience in a matrix organization.
- Project management experience.
- Experience developing and transforming production planning and control organization.
- Prior experience as a planner, scheduler, production controller or buyer.
- Understand standard enterprise resource planning (ERP) and MPS.
- Operations or manufacturing engineering.
- APICS and/or NAPM affiliation desired; certification preferred (CPIM, CPM).