|Salary:||This is a Temporary to Permanent Role|
|Contact Name:||Tom Parkes|
|Job Published:||October 08, 2018 13:56|
Our Client is contracted to Hampshire County Council to provide Fabric Maintenance and repairs to around 1,300 buildings across the East of Hampshire. The contract runs for 5 years with a possible extension for a further 5 years. Building types include:
• Police Stations and Offices
• Fire Stations and offices
• Office buildings
• Vehicle Workshops
• Residential Homes and Nurse Care Units
• Historic Buildings
We are seeking a conscientious and enthusiastic Groundworker with a can-do attitude and flexible approach. We are specifically looking for someone wit broad experience and capability to complete tasks outside their core competency. The operative must maintain a professional appearance and attitude and be polite and courteous at all times. It is a further requirement that all operatives must pass an Enhanced DBS and Barring check.
To maintain high client satisfaction through delivery of maintenance and repairs services ensuring a consistent and safe environment and balancing constantly changing priorities.
The most important elements relating to the work are:
• Diagnose and rectify faults within core and other trade related repair requests.
• To ensure that the quality of work meets the highest standards at all times.
• Support all trades to deliver a professional and safe maintenance and repairs service.
• Respond swiftly to all emergency situations and resolve them efficiently.
• Keep the customer up to date with what is happening and is going to happen on their job.
• Undertake all work efficiently and cost effectively, minimising non-productive time wherever possible and reporting any difficulties encountered to the Supervisor.
• Apply sensible Health & Safety in all you do, using risk assessments, method statements and PPE when needed.
• Maintain tools, plant and equipment in a clean and workable condition.
• Maintain accurate records of works undertaken
• Ask your Supervisor/Contract Manager for assistance when required.
• Participate on the call out rota and to work out of hours to the requirements of the client
• Maintain your company vehicle in a clean and tidy condition at all times and report any defects to the Fleet Manager in a timely manner.
Typical Repair Types
The repairs will generally be of value £1 - £3,500 and will be small scale reactive work. Examples would be:
• Repairs to internal and external walls
• Patch repairs and minor rebuilding in brickwork and blockwork
• Working in traditional and historic materials
• Fencing repairs and replacements.
• Wall and floor tiling
• Patch plastering and plasterboard repairs
• Render repairs
• Manhole cover replacement.
• Concrete repairs and Screed repairs
• Paving repairs (cold lay tarmac, block paving, paving slabs).
• Minor excavation and drainage work
• Any other reasonable tasks within competency.
• Full clean current driving licence.
• A trade specific qualification minimum NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
• An Enhanced DBS and Barring check is required before commencement of role
• Knowledge of HS(G)47 - Avoidance of Underground Services
• Trained in use of Cat and Genny
• CSCS Certificate
• PASMA Trained
• Over 5 years trade experience ideally covering brickwork in addition to groundworks
If you are interested in this role then please apply or contact our consultant Tom Parkes
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's