Purpose of Job
To secure work for our client's Northern Business Unit, by leading and co-ordinating all aspects of selected tender(s), ensuring high quality, competitive proposals are delivered to customers in a manner consistent with the business strategy and procedures. The role will involve building client relationships through engagement with client teams throughout the pre-construction process.
- Lead the bid process to ensure that tender deliverables are produced in a timely and effective manner ensuring clients needs are evaluated and understood.
- Review tender enquiry documents (drawings, specifications, site investigation, and client requirements) and submission requirements, ensuring we evaluate all relevant information in the bid process.
- Ensure that innovative solutions are produced (if necessary liaise with the design team) and that all identified risks are mitigated.
- Ensure that the correct methods, outputs and plant/resources are selected to deliver the solution (if necessary liaise with the operations team and Ops Director/ Business Unit Manager), ensuring that all risks are mitigated.
- Prepare tender price schedules and documents in accordance with the pricing strategy, risk assessments and our clients procedures.
- Ensure that cost plans are accurate and reflect the project requirements and risk profile.
- Ensure effective communication with customers during and after the bid process to maximise our opportunities and to build long term relationships and encourage repeat work.
- Provide considered responses to customer questions including post tender queries. Willingness to attend meetings, and a professional image is essential.
- Ensure that the operation and commercial teams have received an effective handover of bid documentation.
- Manage customer contact, present tender proposals to customers and contribute to customer meetings during the tender process.
- Ensure compliance with business strategy and authority levels.
Knowledge + Experience Required
- Proven experience (in an estimating role ideally) and good technical/engineering knowledge of ground engineering processes. Preferably Degree qualified.
- Experience in the preparation and delivery of tender proposals along with some design experience preferable.
- Knowledge of the UK piling and geotechnical market.
- Good communication, a team player, and is comfortable with the pressures of working to time deadlines.
- Computer literate with all the major Microsoft office programmes.
- The individual should be customer centric in approach, with the ability to recognise potential opportunities in invitations to tender.
- The individual should have a desire to continuously pursue innovation and development, with a focus on the customer and the ground engineering business.
- Valid CSCS card preferable.
Physical Working Environment
- Office Based Burscough, Lancashire
- Role involves travel as required to visit clients, meetings and sites.