Line Manager: Reports To Operations Manager
Responsible for the preparatory work necessary prior to mobilization and, monitoring of site performance and costs. Ensure the correct execution of the ground improvement design, whilst achieving excellence in safety, quality, sustainability and efficiency.
- Ensure project deliverables are fully understood, through handover meetings with process team (estimating, design, commercial, procurement, plant and operations)
- Prepare and collate contract documentation and ensure submission to the customer in advance of the works. Ensure all approvals are obtained in full prior to mobilisation to site.
- Prepare effective start-up site documentation for site team and communicate deliverables to the site supervisor. On complex or large projects attend site as required and directed by the Operations Manager.
- Daily monitor that the works are in accordance with the design, specification, the customer's deliverables and our targets. Report and manage the close out of any non-conformities that may arise.
- Ensure all site paperwork is being produced comprehensive, neat and tidy. Review site records on a weekly basis to ensure compliance with deliverables and contract. Report and manage the close out of any non-conformities that may arise.
- Responsible for recording all contract variations in good time with the customer, ensuring involvement with the commercial department.
- Prepare and review the financial performance of projects on a monthly basis and where applicable revise the project forecast weekly. Be responsible for all contract purchases / costs with justification.
- Work closely with the whole process team (to include operations, preconstruction, commercial, plant, business development and design), to ensure effective and efficient project delivery.
- Develop relationships with customers to get a clear understanding of their requirements and to ensure customer understands the needs of our business.
- Attend pre-start meetings as required; addressing commercial, operational and design matters concerning the project.
- Ensure compliance with business strategy, safety strategy and procedures
- Ensure a relentless focus on safety - WORKSAFE HOMESAFE
Personal Qualities & Experience
The role requires a degree or HNC qualification in a civil engineering related subject, or a candidate studying for a related degree / HNC on a part time basis. Experience in ground engineering operations and design would be advantageous. Individuals must have, or be working towards a recognised qualification (ICE or GeolSoc) and a valid CSCS card.
The candidate should be both focussed and thorough and have the gravitas and professional credibility to advise senior management when something needs immediate redress together with the tenacity and drive to ensure that the necessary action is taken.
The individual needs to be capable of communicating ideas and concepts effectively to both their own team and external, particularly operational, parties, must have good commercial acumen and a working knowledge of contracts.
The role is to predominantly cover the Southern region, picking up other regions as the work requires. The role can be either based in Camberley or Burscough, depending the candidate's location. If located in Burscough, the candidate is expected to attend the Southern office at least 2 days every 1-2 weeks to support and liaise with the Southern team.