|Job Title:||Geotechnical Estimator|
|Salary:||£25000 - £40000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Parkes|
|Job Published:||August 31, 2018 09:46|
Main Purpose of Job:
To assist with the provision of an estimating service to our client, assisting in the procurement of contracts in accordance with the company estimating procedures. Involved with both Site Investigation and GES business streams.
• To undertake the initial assessment of enquiries, completion of CR10's.
• To prepare tenders using Company risk assessments, progress calculates and calculation sheets that are commercially competitive and qualified where necessary.
• To deliver timely submissions meeting agreed deadlines.
• To complete tender stage programmes.
• To obtain accurate and up to date materials and sub-contractor quotations.
• To liaise with the Commercial, Operations, Proposals and Technical departments to maximise beneficial opportunities and reduce risk to SEGL.
• To liaise with potential Clients & Engineers providing information and solutions.
• To maintain the Enquiry Database with up to date information e.g. tender follow up records & updating enquiry status.
• To assist other estimators and regional office managers with completion of bids as required.
• To prepare hand-over packages (CR14'se).
Knowledge and Experience Required:
• Good understanding of the geotechnical and environmental industries.
• Proven experience within UK Geo-environmental experience.
• Degree qualified and registration with appropriate professional body.
• Understanding of key standard forms of contract (ICE, ICC, NEC), standard specifications and methods of measurement.
• Knowledge of GIS plant capabilities.
• Knowledge of company procedures.
• Excellent computer skills particularly Excel, Project and company Lotus Databases.
• Ability and willingness to negotiate with clients both by telephone and at meetings in order to secure work and promote our client.
• Effective management of ones time to ensure deadlines are met, ability to work under pressure. - Team Player.
Physical Working Environment:
Normally office based in Leeds, with a requirement to attend external meetings and undertake site visits across the UK as required.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's