|Job Title:||Geo-enviromental Engineer|
|Salary:||£22000 - £35000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Parkes|
|Job Published:||October 17, 2018 08:39|
The Geosciences team within my client is one of the UK's largest geotechnical and contaminated land consultancies with ambitious plans for growth in the future. The Geosciences team provides consultancy and design services to a range of external clients including engineers, developers, house-builders, infrastructure, power supply, oil companies and local authorities. Our current workload includes major infrastructure projects, housing and distribution warehousing developments and landfills. Our Client prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development and allowing employees to reach their full potential.
Our Client is currently recruiting for a Geo-environmental or Geotechnical Engineer to join our Geosciences consultancy team based in Coventry.
The successful candidate will be responsible for helping organize, undertake and supervise ground Investigations in the field. Good communication is required to inform/liaise with subcontractors and to keep the project manager appraised of findings and progress.
More specifically you will be:
• Assisting in designing and managing a variety of geo-environmental and geotechnical ground investigation and interpretative projects for both external clients and for other teams within our client working for our clients project managers;
• Providing technical support at all stages of assigned projects;
• Undertaking and supervising ground investigations;
• Managing site H&S;
• Soil and rock logging to current geotechnical standards, including developing laboratory scheduling;
• Geo-environmental assessment;
• Preparing Preliminary Risk Assessments (desk studies), technical advice notes, drafting drawings and geotechnical and geo-environmental interpretative reports;
• Assiting in preparing proposals and tenders;
• Travel to other offices and sites within the UK (as needed);
• Prepare H&S plans and RAMS;
• Undertake verification works on site.
• This role would be suitable for applicants who are looking develop their career experience within the dynamic and varied environment that our client offers.
• BEng or BSc or equivalent in Geology, Engineering Geology, Environmental Science, Geotechnical Engineering, Civil Engineering or similar;
• Typically a further degree in Engineering Geology, Geotechnics or Environmental Science or equivalent would be desirable
• Typically requires at least 2-5 years industry specific relevant experience;
• A practical understanding of geology, ground investigation works, engineering geology and geotechnical and geo-environmental engineering;
• Significant and demonstrable experience of geotechnical and geoenvironmental investigations and reporting;
• Demonstrable experience and ability to prepare Geotechnical and Geo-environmental Preliminary Risk Assessments, Factual and Interpretative Assessments;
• Strong track record in managing site works resources effectively and within budget.
Salary and benefits
•£Commensurate with experience;
• Contributory Pension Scheme;
• Free life assurance cover;
• A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, childcare vouchers and private health care;
• We encourage Continuing Professional Development and, as a Registered Practice with the Geological Society or Institute of Civil Engineers, we are committed to supporting candidates along the pathway to Chartership.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's