An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Gas Technician to join our southern based Landfill Gas team.
The main purpose of this role is to:
- Maximise landfill Gas recovery and treatment to ensure environmental protection is optimised, beneficial use of Landfill gas is maximised, liaison between site management and contractors to ensure compliance with current legislation and guidance both internal and statutory.
- Interrogate data to enable planning of system extensions and reinforcement to minimise loss of performance. Co-ordinate monitoring data with on-site activity and updating local and regional management teams.
The main functions may be performed at one or more sites depending on the home location of the successful candidate and their proximity to operating sites. The ideal location but not limited to would be the Yorkshire Area.
The successful candidate should ideally have:
- Qualification in Health and Safety IOSH as a minimum
- Mechanical/Engineering/Science qualification a degree standard would be desired
- GCSE's or equivalent (grades A-C) in Mathematics, English, IT, Chemistry (Basic and Environmental Science desirable
- Good communication skills
- Computer literacy (including Excel) - essential
- Problem solving skills and attention to detail required
- A process background - desirable
- Able to travel, without restriction