£40 - £50 per hour
We are currently recruiting for a Functional Safety Engineer on a contractor basis.
The company are happy for you to work remotely but would require you to come to site once every 2 weeks (based in South Wales).
The hourly rate will range from £40 - £50 per hour (this is potentially negotiable for the right person.
- Develop and Maintain System architecture views in SysML using IBM Rhapsody
- Develop, refine and document safety analyses for unit-specific systems and functions in Medini Analyze
- Develop Safety requirements (Safety goals, Functional Safety Requirements, Technical Safety Requirements, HW and SW safety requirements) in Polarion SW
- Develop, present and evaluate modified functions and safety functions for unit-specific systems and functions in decision-making bodies, including impact analyses, hazard and risk analyses
- Support evaluation and selection of Hardware and/or Software components for unit-specific systems and functions
- Perform detailed HW safety analyses such as quantified FTA and FMEDA
- Review and evaluate results from test bench and vehicle testing for unit-specific systems and functions
- Review Suppliers Safety work products and provide recommendation to Functional Safety Manager
- Support FSM in Design reviews
- Participate in third party technical reviews and assessments
Key skills required:
- have a minimum of 5 years of experience in ASIL C/D development in powertrain applications
- must be fluent in SysML and/or UML
- experience with IBM rhapsody modeling tool
- experience with Medini Analyze
- Good experience in understanding Simulink models and C code
- Experience with Polarion