My client is looking for someone to take responsibility for producing forecasts of the Company's demand portfolio which will be used for trading, budgeting and planning.
You will be forecasting the volumetric requirements of retail and generation to enable timely and accurate trading optimising costs and risks.
- Working as part of the Commercial team of highly analytical job holders who manage the wholesale purchasing and risk management aspects of the business.
- Development of risk parameters and trading strategy to minimise imbalance costs and maximise gross margin.
- Running portfolio demand forecasts using a combination of Neural Network and customer profiling techniques.
- Responsible for achieving a high level of demand forecast accuracy, and assessing the importance of forecast input parameters, ensuring all aspects of the portfolio are accounted for.
- Liaising with Retail to reconcile customer base numbers and working with Sales and
- Marketing to establish portfolio growth figures for forecasting.
- Producing forecasts by various demographics, as required by the Trading and Hedging
- Strategy, to manage power and green certificate portfolios and for input to Energy
- Trading Risk Management Tools.
- The role requires the following skills:
- Strong Commercial Acumen
- Vast experience in all Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent level of problem solving ability
- Strong analytical & statistical skills
- High attention to detail
- Self-starter able to assess and manage their own priorities
- Electricity Industry knowledge
- Renewables preferable but not essential
- Educated to degree level in a Mathematical, or Economic discipline