Reporting to the signalling team leader, my client is looking for First Line Response Technicians to join their expanding team. The role will involve shift work.
- Deliver a high quality, safe and efficient railway service by the effective and timely maintenance of signalling and telecommunications equipment and assets.
- Attend faults as requested by the Control Room Technician on railway signalling equipment, LRVs, lifts, station electrical and structural equipment.
- Carry out preventative and corrective maintenance on all Automatic Train Control Equipment and systems including mechanical points, Data transmission systems, Light Rail Vehicles and station systems, to required standard of safety and reliability.
- Install, test and commission asset modifications and minor new signalling works.
- Inspect and supervise works undertaken by contractors.
- Deliver excellent customer service and customer relations, to both internal customers and when working on and about the railway, to passengers.
- Recommend measures to improve asset performance.
- Safe and effective delivery of a First Line of response to failures, ensuring that there is a positive influence on delivery of reliable services and an excellent customer interface.
- To maintain professional engineering and maintenance standards in preventative, corrective and modification work to assets
- To respond in a timely manner to work as reported by the Control Room Technician or the supervisory team, jointly agreeing priorities for work.
Experience & Requirements
- The successful candidate will have experience of maintaining railway signalling equipment, LRVs, lifts and electrical equipment
- You will have the ability to communicate efficiently and effectively, explaining the cause and effect of the status and failure of equipment and assets.
- The successful candidate will hold a full current driving licence
- Candidates should hold a current Signalling Maintenance Testing Handbook (SMTH) certificate.
- Ideally you will be IRSE licensed to an appropriate level, or working towards certification
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and display tact, diplomacy and discretion at all times.