An exciting opportunity has arisen for two experienced Estimators to join a leading construction company based at my clients Ashford office in Kent. My client specialise in construction works for public authorities including county and district councils, government departments, statutory authorities, harbour boards and Network Rail.
The candidate will:
- Analyse tender documentation and capture client's requirements.
- Produce an accurate BOQ for pricing purposes to reflect client's requirements. Based on a robust knowledge of CESSM 3, Highways Method of Measurement or SMM7.
- Clear knowledge of costing traditional and design and build contracts.
- Prepare material and sub-contractor enquiry documents.
- Carry out site visits. Assimilate information and take account of in tender pricing.
- Assess individual rates and prices, create new or insert from sub-contract and material quotes.
- Produce accurate and competitive commercial submission ready for internal review and sign off.
- Working knowledge of NEC3 and JCT Conditions of Contract, current HSQE legislation and construction techniques and methods.
- Attendance at pre and post tender meetings.
- Knowledge of building material components and plant requirements.
- Management skills understanding programmes etc.
The candidate will have:
- Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills, well-spoken and personable, able to get on with diverse personalities.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Highly numerate with well-developed ability to accurately manipulate numerical information.
- Confident and resourceful.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work alone or part of a team.
- Actively drive the collaborative approach to ensure the best submission is provided.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: 3 years estimating experience
Salary dependent upon experience
If you are interested in this role and would like to know more then please contact Tom Parkes
01442 898 900