|Salary:||Salary Dependant on Experience|
|Contact Name:||Tom Parkes|
|Job Published:||October 04, 2017 11:48|
We are looking to recruit an additional Estimator to join our team and the position can be based either in Banbury, Oxfordshire or at our branch in Northampton.
Role and Responsibilities:
• To receive and respond to enquiries from existing and new clients.
• Business Development with existing clients.
• Analyzing the content of tender specifications and drawings and use the information identified.
• To build a costs schedule suitable for use as a formal tender bid.
• Coordinating preparation of all supporting documentation required in the tender bid.
• Communicating with clients regarding the tender and to present the final submission to the client.
• Liaising with clients to confirm works and attending sites to complete surveys when necessary
• Review technical drawings and initial scope of works for all enquiries
• Develop a bill of quantity for all steelwork and associated products within a given tender
• Forecast fabrication, metal finish and installation requirements of projects
• The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Produce estimates/take offs (steelwork materials, labour, equipment etc.).
• Be able to present tenders accurately and professionally to clients.
• Preparation and sending of written tenders and quotations.
• Following up of submitted quotations.
• Experience within the Construction and Structural Steelwork industries essential.
• Technical knowledge of structural designs and materials for relevant industries.
• Understanding of steelwork fabrication / erecting techniques and be able to fully read and interpret working drawings.
• Good level of numeracy, grammar and computer skills.
• Good personal communication skills (written and oral) and able to communicate confidently at all levels.
• Disciplined approach to administration of documentation.
Previous experience of an Estimating role
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire or Northampton
40 hr work week 08.00 - 17.00
20 Days holiday plus Bank Holidays
Salary: Dependent on experience
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's