|Salary:||£60000 - £65000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Parkes|
|Job Published:||July 05, 2017 14:19|
The role will involve Estimating Residential Concrete Frame Schemes from 30 to 100 units.
Tender opportunities coming from OJEU, various Housing Association Frameworks and private ventures.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Estimator and Pre Construction Manager to take the next step up and manage their own Pre Construction division.
Input into all aspects of preconstruction and bidding is actively encouraged and welcomed by the Managing Director and Senior Management.
The company is part of a group turning over £100m per year with over 2500 employees.
They work and partner with multiple Housing associations and Boroughs throughout London and the South East.
Their experience is the design and construction of quality homes spanning social housing, luxury apartments and inner-city developments, servicing both the private and public sectors.
Key Accountabilities will include:
• The Estimator and Pre-Construction Manager will plan and lead all matters relating to the Main Contracting Tenders in conjunction with other departments.
• Check and acknowledge bid documents and amendments.
• Abstract information into subcontract and material packages.
• Develop a full set of BOQ's based both on Sub Contract tender returns and/or own measures with rates applied.
• Develop risk analysis of the information provided/not provided by the Client.
• Review and ascertain costs associated with logistics and timeframes.
• Working closely with the Commercial Manager, Head of Design and Head of Operations.
• Complete Form of Tender and tender letter with any qualification and complete contract sum Analysis/Schedule if necessary.
• Prepare information packages for handover to construction team if successful, attend handover meeting and brief the team on tender bid.
• Identify scope of value engineering / value creation and identify tender risk.
• Experience as a Lead Estimator with a Main Contractor undertaking similar work.
• Highly numerate, with the ability to build Bill of Quantities (BOQ's) quickly and accurately.
• Understanding of costs differences associated with mixed tenure schemes.
• Experience of taking an Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) project from Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ).
• Knowledge or constructing high rise residential projects, building regulations, National House Building Control (NHBC) etc.
• Clearly demonstrable commitment to increase their responsibility and manage team members.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's