You will be supporting environment engineers in the preparation, performance and reporting of design assurance, qualification and certification testing, working to internal/external customer requirements whilst meeting quality, cost and schedule requirements.
- Liaise with design engineering teams to agree and define test strategies and procedures
- Support in the design of test set-ups and fixtures
- Strictly follow test procedures in the execution of required tests
- Set-up and operation of environmental test equipment (vibration shakers, ovens and climatic chambers etc)
- Assist environmental test team in the preparation and execution of test regimes
- Support in the maintenance and control of the environmental test laboratory
- Log all test data and results
- Write technical test reports for internal and external customers
- To ensure proper operation and maintenance of test equipment and PC in laboratories (Software and Hardware) in association with the concerned service
- Propose new and alternative test/measurement techniques
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience as a test engineer or working within a test laboratory, working with vibration shakers, ovens, climatic chambers,
- Understanding of environmental testing methods and equipment and
- The ability to design and optimize test fixtures and test set-ups and accurately compile test reports.