Major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software at its facilities The Engineering Team leader will be regarded as the lead technical representative for the Company on Space Grade manufactured product based in Surrey
Key responsibilities of the role include -
- You will play a critical role in the management, control and direction of the Engineering Team, within the Space Grade Manufacturing Department.
- Lead, motivate and support the technical team, instilling a culture of continuous improvement
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to communicate technically and confidently both internally and to customers at all levels across the organisation
- Drive further introduction of quality procedures and validation of processes
- Proactively engage in the wider Functional Engineering community, sharing best practice and supporting the wider technical development
Education and Experience -
- Requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, e.g. Mechanical, Metallurgy, Aerospace Electronics, Advanced degree preferred
- Extensive experience within a Hi-Reliability environment, preferably the Aerospace Electronics or Space Manufacturing Industry.
- Must have a broad knowledge and appreciation of all engineering disciplines in the design, verification and manufacture of Hi-Rel products.
- Proven Technical specialist on manufacturing processes particularly conformal coating, surface mount and circuit card assembly for high reliability products
- Six Sigma Black belt, strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in creating technical investigation reports and ability to effectively present results.
- Knowledge of Test Strategies in the support of Production Test including Thermal, Vibration, Halt and Hass.
- Preferred Mechanical/Materials Engineer discipline with materials/metallurgy engineering background
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance & Enhanced sick pay scheme.