Engineering Project Leader
|Job Title:||Engineering Project Leader|
|Salary:||£35 - £45 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Dominic Golding|
|Job Published:||June 22, 2021 13:53|
The role is based in Clevedon, North Somerset, UK. The Clevedon Product Company serves the Semicon and Semicon Service divisions of the Vacuum Technique Business Area.
There may be an exceptional need to travel to internationally, e.g. to other Vacuum Technique sites, key suppliers and possibly customers.
The role requires close interaction with the operational and customer support departments as well within the PC as intercompany (other Product companies and Customer Centers).
Project teams 2-10
Potentially supporting 1-10 projects
The purpose of the role:
• To lead a high performing project team to deliver project requirements and on time, on budget and to quality.
• Controlling the duration of the project, costs and the quality of delivered output.
• Develop Plans to meet project deliverables, Technical and Commercial
• Drive projects to meet targets.
• Co-ordination of the project team across all disciplines.
• Project risk identification, control and mitigation. Able to escalate when necessary to agree appropriate higher-level mitigation.
• Ensure all the required resource and skills are made available to deliver the project and its milestones and ensure adherence to agreed dates.
• Lead the Project team’s activities through a centrally visibly plan, regularly reporting progress, dealing with exceptions and escalating as appropriate.
• Deliver the technical aspects of the project in line with the agreed specification.
• Ensure that the project plan is monitored any deviance is mitigated by immediate intervention or is escalated to line manager.
• Ensure all Projects follow and are documented via the businesses gated process.
• Ensuring upcoming gate reviews are, planned and undertaken on time and to a high level of Quality.
• Ensure a robust and consistent working practice is in place for each of your allocated projects
• Provide direction and support to all team members, leading and facilitating delivery of the project(s).
• Oversee the team’s workload / activities, ensuring correct prioritisation and delivery of milestones in a fast paced and complex environment.
• Allocate the work and track resource utilisation levels across the team.
• Ensure all communications are clear and concise.
• Define, update, track and report on project performance.
• Review and control the duration, material costs and quality of the projects.
• Produce and oversee the system Project structure. (BOM’s)
• Preparation & organisation of project deliverables for all stage gates.
• Support independent project peer reviews. Ensure engineering project related non-conformances are actioned in timely manner
Skills and Experience:
• A good Engineering/Scientific degree
• Preferably Prince 2, APM certified or equivalent.
• 5 years involvement in the process of product development in a high technology environment, with 3 years’ experience in a Project Management capacity.
• Experience and understanding of a Project Compliance/ mythology
• A proven ability to manage complex projects – a strong understanding of delivering products on time, to specification and on budget
• A proven ability to generate resource plans and drive schedule adherence whilst maintaining the flexibility required to react to rapidly changing customer and company needs
• Technical/commercial awareness to make appropriate decisions balancing potentially conflicting commercial and technical drivers.
• Must be a good communicator and have excellent fluency in spoken and written English.
• Strong communication skills, organisational awareness and impact.
• Influencing, communication, presentation and negotiating skills, both internally and externally
• Flexible and capable of working in a complex environment
• Must have a methodical approach to problem solving.
• Excellent IT literacy, being a competent user of MS office
• Ability to build and maintain rapport with internal and external customers / suppliers
• Self-motivated and resourceful.
• Good Team leadership skills, high levels of energy a team engagement.
• Driven to deliver solutions, ideas and innovations in a positive and pragmatic way.
• Passionate about quality and best practice whilst always striving for continuous improvement.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's