|Job Title:||Engineering Geologist|
|Salary:||Salary is dependent On Epxerience|
|Contact Name:||Tom Parkes|
|Job Published:||March 23, 2018 16:13|
Reports to: Regional Manager
Main Purpose of Job:
We are looking for enthusiastic Engineering Geologists, to work from our 3 regional offices, based Leeds, Coatbridge and Camberley to manage day to day operational site control of contracts within the UK, focusing on safety, quality, productivity, cost control, performance to programme and
Travel to sites will be required to ensure that excellent performance and client relations.
Engineering Geologists at Soil Engineering Geoservices offer the best service to our clients, whilst providing On-site and remote supervision and management of contract works ensuring the works are carried out correctly, efficiently (on programme), safely and in accordance with the contract
specification (including technical aspects) and Company quality procedures.
Our Engineering Geologists will:
Produce safety documentation (including CDM Safety Plan) where required, method statements and quality plans as required.
Provide assistance to management team, in liaison with safety, quality, commercial and estimating departments.
Request procurement of plant & equipment for contracts where required.
Ensuring plant and equipment is suitable and efficiently utilised.
Implement & direct, where required, trial pit and borehole location and sampling (ensuring safe methods of work are employed), execution of grouting works, grout production, quality control, specifying in-situ testing, logging of soils & rock (BS5930/Eurocodes) as directed, preparation and review of laboratory test schedules, control of samples, preparation and checking of contract technical output (borehole logs & test results).
Manage and maintain all contract correspondence and production of contract reports.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
Candidates must have:
• A Civil Engineering / Geology related Degree or equivalent qualification.
• Experience within the geotechnical industry with solid understanding of ground conditions,
Drilling and Site Investigation works
• Good understanding of geotechnical processes and contract management.
• Excellent understanding of written English and good standard of letter writing.
• Strong IT skills, including Microsoft office, database maintenance and reporting.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills to liaise with clients and members of the regional team.
• Commercial knowledge and experience/level of contractual awareness
• Good customer-service focus and a professional approach.
• Full UK driving licence.
Physical Working Environment:
Engineering Geologists will work from one of our office bases, with responsibility for Site Investigation and Drilling & Grouting Contracts as required/instructed.
The role involves frequent travel throughout the UK visiting sites and periods of site based work where required.
If you are interested in this role then please contact Tom Parkes
01442 898 900 or 07585 554 586
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's