This role would suit an Engineering Buyer or Purchasing professional & will be based in the Shrewsbury Area with scope for some work from home (Hybrid Model, 3 days in Office pw)
Are you a buyer / supply chain specialist or purchasing person looking to work with a well known & well respected company?
Do you have manufacturing experience?
Do you have experience of category buying, cost reduction, consolidation of suppliers and similar?
We have an opportunity with a local company who are looking to source a person for a long term contract opportunity (initially 12 months, although the project could easily be 2- 3yrs) that may even eventually extend beyond this
* Able to read Engineering Drawings & understand related technical specifications
* Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
* Previous experience of managing Low Volume, complex, Small Spend Supplier base
Additionally you should be able to cover most of the below bullet point and can demonstrate experience of the opening points of this description we would love to hear from you.
* Manage just-in-time inventory.
* Act as a change driver in terms of current buying practices
* Optimisation of purchasing in terms of cost saving opportunities
* Good working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
* Negotiations on price and supply contracts
* Ability to analyse financial reports, price proposals and other technical data.
* Ability to accurately document and record customer/client information.
* Analysis of usage data
* Ability to source parts/raw materials to meet production lead times
* Responsible for the purchase of machinery, equipment, parts, or services necessary for the operation of an establishment.
* Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for change
* Ability to evaluate suppliers.
* Approve purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
* Instruct staff on how to resolve problems related to undelivered goods
* Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to purchasing.
* Knowledge of supply chain management.
* CIPS Preferred
This is an urgent ongoing role, and the client is looking to schedule interviews immediately, with a view to commencing an opportunity with the next few weeks.
Although not a fully remote role, there will be scope to do some work from home (Hybrid model 3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from home)
Pay rate dependant on experience/pay status
This role is deemed inside IR35
£22 - 25 ph. (FCSA Umbrella Company) Paye rates also avilable
Long-term, initially 12 Months, likely to be 2 - 3 year project
The client has indicated they may consider applicants outside of this rate banding on a case by case basis, so please indicate in application required renumeration/Hourly rate