Responsible to: - Energy and Sustainability Manager
Accredited energy assessor to lodge Energy Performance Certificates and assist in the overall preparation and submission of detailed design of Building Services Solutions. You should be competent in the use of Integrated Environment Solutions, Virtual Environment (IES(VE) and able to advise and report on low carbon design, thermal comfort and daylight performance.
Main Responsibilities / Duties:
- Ability to read Architectural, Mechanical, and Electrical drawings.
- Produce detailed designs.
- Perform IES and VE.
- Produce thermal/overheating analysis against BB101/CIBSE/TM52/Adaptive comfort criteria.
- Visual comfort daylight analysis and climate based daylight analysis.
- Heating/cooling loads and plant sizing.
- Report writing.
- Energy statements for planning.
- Maintain comprehensive design files.
- Part L compliance BRUKL/SAP etc.
- Feasibility studies for low or zero carbon technology.
- Produce BREEAM evidence
- Advise on low carbon designs.
- Liaise with suppliers to gain expert knowledge and costs.
- Use of technical software such as: Hevacomp, AutoCAD and Revit viewers.
- Adopt flexible attitude to projects and design.
- Attend CPD sessions relating to your role.
- Relevant qualification such as ONC/HNC/Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering.
- Analytical/Technical mind-set.
- Energy Assessor Accreditation.
- Previous experience within a consultancy environment.
- Ability to work both individually and within a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Good knowledge and understanding of IES Thermal Modelling software.
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD software.
- Proficient in use of Hevacomp design software.
- Full PMI with BUPA including cash plan
- Pension with Royal London (2% both employer and employee)
- Death in Service (3x yearly salary)
- Enhancement Maternity and Paternity leave
- Free tea, coffee, fruit, tea & parking
- Professional membership bodies are paid for i.e. CIBSE and IET
- 4pm finish on Friday and dress down Friday
- 22 days holiday, increasing with length of service and 3 gifted days for Christmas
If you are interested in this role then please do not hesitate to contact Tom Parkes.
07585 554 586 or 01442 898 904